Among the biggest Provencal masterpieces of Cistercian origins (ex : Sénanque abbey et Silvacane abbey), the Thoronet abbey is a party to it. It started to see the light of day between 1160 and 1190 into a natural and authentic site in the heart of Var department. So, not to be missed in case of stroll into Var department, because, apart from consolidation works in the past, the group of buildings of the abbey have been very well preserved, begin with the church, then the cloister surrounded by galleries and by closing a fountain, and finally the monastic and annex edifice.
* Abbaye du thoronet - Le-thoronet.fr
* Abbaye du Thoronet - Wikipédia
* Site officiel de la Maison du Tourisme du Thoronet
* Abbaye du Thoronet - coeurduvartourisme.com
* L'abbaye du Thoronet - Visit Bar
* Abbaye du Thoronet à Le Thoronet - Office de Tourisme du Lavandou
* Abbaye du Thoronet : abbaye cistercienne en Provence - Avignon-et-Provence.com